18 May 2021 – Today, YPO, the global leadership community of more than 30,000 chief executives in 142 countries, announced Carrie Freeman, Co-CEO of SecondMuse, is the recipient of the organization’s 2021 Global Impact Award.
The YPO Global Impact Award is YPO’s highest honor to members that recognizes their impact outside of YPO, celebrating CEO impact that is both sustainable and scalable.
“Carrie is an inspiration to us at YPO and leaders around the world with her impressive work at SecondMuse, successfully creating long-term solutions for complicated economies and eco-systems,” said YPO CEO Xavier Mufraggi. “The impact of SecondMuse’s initiatives will resonate for generations to come.”
Carrie is at the helm of SecondMuse, an impact and innovation company that builds resilient economies by supporting entrepreneurs and the ecosystems around them by designing, developing, and implementing a mix of innovation programming and investing capital. From Singapore to San Francisco, SecondMuse programs define inspiring visions, build lasting businesses, and unite people across the globe.
SecondMuse has prototyped more than 30,000 solutions with 200,000 participants, which has created USD10 billion in positive social impact. The majority of the companies Carrie and SecondMuse work with are led by women or people of color and 80 percent are still in business.
“I am honored to receive this award, especially among a group of so many great leaders who are using business as a force for good,” said Carrie. “I am proud to lead a company with such a strong, committed team dedicated to building economies that champion social and environmental justice.”
In July, Carrie will participate in Fortune CONNECT’s July Quarterly Summit, speaking on a panel about impact and business with a purpose.
Carrie was selected from 14 honorees representing each of YPO’s regions.
YPO Global Impact Award Regional Honorees
- Andre Abucham (Latin America), Founder and Chair of the Board of Santa Fé Beneficent Association
- Melissa Melshenker Ackerman (Mid-America U.S.), President of Produce Alliance and the Produce Alliance Foundation
- Javier Benavente Barrón (Europe), President of Alares Group and The Alares Foundation
- Greg Block (Southeast U.S. and Caribbean), Founder, Chairman and CEO of First Step Staffing
- Hakan Bulgurlu (Pacific U.S.), CEO of Arçelik
- Jo Burston (Australia/NZ), CEO of Inspiring Rare Birds
- Patrick Chalhoub (Middle East/North Africa), Group President of the Chalhoub Group
- James Chen (North Asia), Founder of Vision for a Nation and Clearly
- Lotte Davis (Canada), CEO and Founder of One Girl Can
- Carrie Freeman (Western U.S.), Co-CEO of SecondMuse
- Alison Hill (Northeastern U.S.), CEO of LifeStraw
- Nichol Ng (Southeast Asia), Co-Founder of The Food Bank Singapore
- Isak Pretorius (Africa), Group Executive Director of JAM International
- Nathan Sivagananathan (South Asia), Co-Founder of Trail
YPO is the global leadership community of more than 30,000 chief executives in 142 countries who are connected by the shared belief that the world needs better leaders. Each of our members have achieved significant leadership success at a young age. Combined, they lead businesses and organizations contributing USD9 trillion in annual revenue. YPO members inspire and support each other through peer learning and exceptional experiences in an inclusive community of open sharing and trust.