Each year, YPO global chief executives and business leaders gather on a different continent for the EDGE to shape the future of global industries. For two days in March 2017, YPO will host more than 2,500 business leaders from more than 130 countries in the world-class port city of Vancouver for the EDGE.
The guiding theme of the 2017 EDGE in Vancouver is Sharpen Your Edge, and the agenda is designed to spark idea exchange in the entrepreneurial spirit of innovation. The EDGE will explore advances in technology, medicine, health, transportation, machine learning and cybersecurity and more, focusing on inspiration, breakthroughs and transformation.
“YPO’s common goal is to create a global platform for chief executives to engage, learn and grow, and the YPO EDGE is the perfect event to unite members from around the world to explore how they can be better and more inspired leaders,” said Scott Mordell, CEO of YPO. “Vancouver is an ideal host city for the YPO EDGE, with its diversity and rising importance as a hub city of entrepreneurship, innovation and disruption.”
More than 50 internationally renowned speakers will be sharing their inspirational stories on disruption and innovation including:
- Ziv Avarim, Founder and CEO of Mobileye and a YPO member
- Vicki Dobbs Beck, Executive in Charge, ILMxLAB (Industrial Light and Magic – A LucasFilm company)
- John Chambers, Executive Chairman of the Board, Cisco Systems
- Chip Conley, Former Head of Global Hospitality and Strategy of Airbnb
- Mark Fields, President and CEO of Ford Motor Company
- Arianna Huffington, President and Co-founder of Huffington Post
- Dean Kamen, Founder of DEKA Research & Development Corp.
- Peter Lowy, Co-CEO of Westfield Corp
- Dan Price, CEO and Founder of Gravity Payments and a YPO member
- Luc Robitaille, NHL Hall of Famer and Current, President of Business Operations of LA Kings
- Gary Schoenfeld, President and CEO of Pacific Sunwear of California and a YPO member
- Shiza Shahid, Social Entrepreneur, Advocate with The Malala Fund
- Gillian Zucker, President and Chief Strategy Officer of LA Clippers and a YPO member
Speakers at previous YPO EDGE events include His Majesty King Abdullah II, King of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan; Sir Richard Branson, founder and chairman of the Virgin Group; Muhtar Kent, chairman and CEO of the Coca-Cola Company; Aung San Suu Kyi, Nobel Peace Prize laureate and general secretary of the National League for Democracy, and Archbishop Desmond Mpilo Tutu, Nobel Peace Prize laureate.
“At the 2017 EDGE, YPO business leaders will have the opportunity to rethink their strategy, rekindle imaginations and stretch their comfort zones – all while being inspired by today’s disruptor and inventors,” said YPO EDGE Chair Larry Bond, co-founder and chairman of Bond Companies. “As they sharpen their edges, leaders will leave aspiring to improve their personal lives, continue their social responsibilities and achieve extraordinary growth for their businesses from the knowledge and relationships gained by participating in the largest chief executive event in the world.”
The premier leadership organization of chief executives in the world.
YPO is the global platform for chief executives to engage, learn and grow. YPO members harness the knowledge, influence and trust of the world’s most influential and innovative business leaders to inspire business, personal, family and community impact.
Today, YPO empowers more than 24,000 members in more than 130 countries, diversified among industries and types of businesses. Altogether, YPO member-run companies employ more than 15 million people and generate USD6 trillion in annual revenues.
Leadership. Learning. Lifelong. For more information, visit ypo.org.